On a cold day of February, Dale made sure to get out of bed without making any noises. He looks at his watch, 5:30am. It’s a good time to wake up and to Julia a surprise; breakfast and a happy baby. He went to the bathroom to splash water on his face and to get the shirt that the left there last night.
He walked by his bedroom and looked at his wife who is sound asleep, her red hair all over the pillows and on her face. He smiled. He is madly in love with this woman. She gave him a wonderful baby girl. He met her under strange condition but everything turned out to be a beautiful ride on her side. It was a total love at first sight. They married a year later and they now have their own family and peaceful life.
He then walked by his daughter room. She’s sleeping just like her mother. She didn’t get the red hair of her mother. She has brown hair but gray eyes. He took the baby monitor and went to the kitchen.
Julia went to the grocery store yesterday to buy a lot of fruits because she wants their daughter to start eating. I guess he will need to go again after the breakfast because he will use most of everything she bought. He started to slice pineapple and strawberries. He heard noise coming from upstairs. He stopped moving to hear. He looked up the stairs. Julia is up.
- Julia, go back to bed hun!
- What are you doing? It’s 5:50am.
- I’m going to the gym.
- Don’t be silly, it’s the morning. You’re not a morning person.
- I couldn’t sleep! Go back to bed hunny.
He walks upstairs to kiss her. He walked with her into their bedroom. Julia got a good point there. He is not a morning person. He lay next to her for a moment, caressing her hair.
- You’re silly Mr Barbara!
- You love me.
- I know that’s the sad part. She smiles
- Sleep tight babe!
He comes out of their bedroom and he smiles. She’s a journalist so she probably knows what he’s doing. Normally he goes to the gym at night when the baby is sleeping and Julia is watching TV.
He goes back to the kitchen and continues to prepare the breakfast for his ladies. He looks to the baby monitor. She’s starting to move around in her crib. That means that she will wake up soon. He takes a bottle from the fridge and put it in the bottle heater. He gets upstairs to get her before Julia hears her and go to get her. He stays next to the crib until she opens her eyes and sees him.
- Hey baby Anna. He whispered to her. Come down stairs with daddy. It’s a special morning. We’ll go see mommy later.
He took her in his arms. He brought her with him. He placed her in her playpen with her milk bottle. She drank it while lying down in the playpen. He could finish doing the breakfast. She is an amazing easy baby. She’s not crying a lot and she knows how much her parents love her. She came as a surprise into their life. They planned to have a baby but not that fast. They learned after their wedding that Julia was 4months pregnant. She wasn’t showing any signs of a pregnancy.
- I'm all done little one. Ready to go wake up mommy. I think she knows anyway. You’re mommy is hell of a smart woman.
He took the food upstairs before coming back and gets her. He opens the door of the bedroom. Julia is there sitting on the bed, glasses on and working on her computer.
- I said back to bed, not work…
- You’re cute but you’re a bad liar. Hi Anna.
- My workaholic wife. He kisses her. I made you bowl of fruits and yogurt. Happy first wedding anniversary.
- Happy first year huuny.
He looked at her reaction about the fruits that he used.
- Did you take everything I bought yesterday?
- I’ll go with Anna later. Make her taste to see what she likes and I’ll buy more.
- You are definitely going…
She took a piece of pineapple and gave it to her. She grimaces because she does not like it. She spits it out and cries.
- Its ok baby, I won’t give more. Try a strawberry.
- Maybe a banana Julia, it’s less acid than pineapple and strawberries.
She takes a banana and gave it to her. She ate it. She even asks for more by opening her mouth and wait for Julia to give her more. Julia was so happy to see her finally eat something; she maybe won’t need to feed her as often as before.
- Mommy and daddy: 1 Anna : 0
- I guess that means I need to buy more bananas for Miss Anna.
- Yeah that’s perfect because it’s not too hard for her little teeth.
Julia took her in arms. She kissed her all over her face. Dale took her laptop and put it on the floor. Anna laughed and smiled.
- Mommy has to work today so you’ll spend the day with daddy. You’ll go grocery shopping again and do other wonderful things. She looks a Dale. What are you going to do?
- I still don’t know. I’ll find something.
Anna reached Julia’s glasses and takes them in her tiny hand. Julia tried to take them back without breaking them.
- Anna, give the glasses to mommy. I need it baby, it’s not a toy!
She screamed. Dale showed her another piece of banana. Julia cleaned her glasses quickly with her shirt and put them away for a bit. Anna was back to smiling and laughing with her daddy. She’s really a daddy’s little girl, maybe because he was the first person to hold her.
- Alright you two, out of the house! I have articles to correct and I cannot do it while you are here. The sooner you leave, the sooner I’m done.
- True, let’s go princess, time for mommy to work. Can you keep her just by the time I bring the plates downstairs?
- Sure. A little quality time with mommy is always good.
- I love you!
Julia smiled at him. He is the one she was unconsciously looking for.
TO BE CONTINUED